About Longwater Gravel
Longwater Gravel Co. Ltd.
Longwater Gravel Co Ltd was established in 1952 by William Littleboy along with several business partners at Costessey, near Norwich. Over the next decade he bought out all of his partners until it was wholly owned by William Littleboy. Longwater Gravel is still owned and operated by Bill Littleboy (son of) and Will Littleboy (grandson of the original founder). Longwater Gravel still has a distribution yard and an administration centre at Costessey, on what is now an industrial site where the old workings were.
Over the years we have had many pits all over Norfolk, but are currently working three sites. Coxford Abbey Quarry, consists of 400 acres of land which the company owns. This site started in 1998, and is our main production site. Horstead Quarry, was opened in 2003, and is a smaller site producing more specialist aggregates. We have also invested in a new quarry near Wymondham.